We often think the more we do, the better we advance our careers and lives. We constantly give to others and stay busy non-stop. We run from meeting to meeting and can barely think by 2pm. We eventually feel drained, exhausted, and unappreciated. This translates into
- Unhealthy behaviors – Ever eat the entire cookie bag? Ever gain 20 pounds in 6 months?
- Reactive tendencies – Ever express anger to someone who didn’t deserve it?
- Isolate ourselves – Ever pull away from the things you love because you had no energy for them?
- Stretch. This opens up your body and allows you to relax. When we’re tense, we get uptight and moody.
- Move your body. This increases your blood flow and circulation. Walk to Starbucks. Stop at the door and turn around. All you really needed was the walk, not the extra caffeine and sugary snack.
- Close your eyes. Your eyes are constantly strained form looking at electronic screens.